13/01/2015

January Stinks


Not a whiff of the winter blues at my desk.


Beach in a bottle, courtesy of www.jomalone.co.uk


Mid-week slump? Run out of nuts and berry super mix and reaching for the Wagon Wheels? If you're hiding extra pounds under your boyfriend's t-shirt and remnants of glitter gels are clinging to your toes, you need to seriously GlamUp. Welcome to Glamuary, Part 4: The Big Stink.

For this one I think you are ready to employ one of your newly detoxed senses...

The pine needles are on the compost heap, the plug-ins are running on empty and all that is left of the scented candle is a blackened jar of Christmas past. So enter Jo Malone and her unmistakeable scent of luxury and indulgence. Guess who just unleashed her new Room Diffuser. And she's not afraid to use it. 

Now with post Christmas finances as they are, I suspect room diffusing is low on your list of priorities. Mine too. But let me tell you of the simple pleasures this little pot of smelly water has brought to my life today:

1) I can see mess. I can hear wind and rain. I can taste vitamin tablets. But at least one of my senses gets a hit. I can smell sweet Lime, Basil and Mandarin. And it makes me happy.

2) I get that Jo Malone feeling every time I enter the room. The one where I go in the shop and candles are burning. Hands get rubbed in nourishing creams and life suddenly feels incomplete without a bow-tied bag.

3) The persistently wet dog is no longer offending my nostrils.

It's true. This is the Rolls Royce of room diffusers and there are lots of lovely alternatives out there that are more pocket friendly and less status symbol, but in my opinion none do the job better. Here are a few that hit the right notes:

1) Great budget option in a chanel-style bottle from www.yankeecandle.co.uk

2) A bit of Orla Kiely never goes a miss from www.johnlewis.com

3) Aromatherapy a-go-go  from www.nealsyardremedies.com

So with the toughest month of the year in full swing, don't give in to the Haribo addiction and its gummy grip. Get up off the sofa and give that fitness DVD a go. Ditch the dry shampoo and grab your curlers.  Glam Up and smell the room diffuser. 

Pay day may be a while away, but suddenly I'm stinking rich.

Happy Glamuary, love Claire xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.