30/01/2015

Emerald City

Image Map

I'm a little bit obsessed with green this week. It started with an emerald handbag that screamed at me from a display of muted greys and browns in Marks and Spencer.
I was wowed by its ability to instantly update my winter outfit. Like the first green shoots of Spring, it gave me hope for sunnier times.

And so it got me thinking of home. How else could I hurry Spring along?

I love fashion and have to get my seasonal fix on the high street. I'm prepared to spend more on designer classics that will stay with me for longer, but fashion can be throwaway and we Yorkshire folk don't part with cash willy nilly.

 It's the same with my interior choices. Along with the rest of the universe, Ikea is my first port of call for a quick fix home fashion purchase and this season is no exception. I'm particularly craving the Stockholm padded dining chair below for an instant burst of colour in my monochrome dining room. £140 for a statement chair that could fool anyone into thinking it was an expensive collector piece. Also check out the gorgeous green rugs to really fash things up a little.



www.habitat.co.uk has some great accessories to bring the outdoors in. I particularly love their range of bright ceramics, including some zesty lime pieces.


Take the attention above eye level for some lighting that will make stylish visitors green with envy. This pendant light from www.heals.co.uk cannot fail to bring an all white scheme to life.




But it's back to good old Marks and Sparks who have the whole green trend sewn up with its funky, yet sophisticated new Harper range. Firstly, it shares its name with a Beckham babe and therefore is bound to have serious fashion credentials. And secondly? Well it matches my new bag of course.

Shop the full range here: www.marksandspencer.com/harper-collection

While you're there take the opportunity to fill your green bags with a couple of these botanical beauties:






Get your green fingers clicking on some more uber-fresh House Candy, including some cool green wallpapers on my Pinterest board www.pinterest.com/claireprice3517/go-green/ 

You can also pick up some painting inspiration to nail the green scheme with Farrow and Ball. Just click on My House Candy Cravings above.

Please leaf me a comment and share your green ideas too  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.