24/06/2015

Camp Restival


I’m miles away from Glastonbury. And I’m not just talking door to door. Much as I’d like to imagine myself looking hip in a pair of cut off jeans and designer wellies, I may be forced to admit I’m about 20 years too late to jump on this trend. Image Map

But anyway, after what seems like a whole six months of partying, I’ve got to confess, I'm ready for a rest (#Sadfact) The problem is with all the TV and radio coverage kicking off down in Somerset, I’m feeling a bit left out.  That’s why I made my own pop-up festival scene this morning and I thought I might try and tempt you to do the same. 

You don’t need Worthy Farm to work the Glasto vibe. Just a leafy corner of the garden or even a few square foot of back yard. Turn up Radio 1, pour yourself a shandy and enjoy the added bonus of fully functioning toilet facilities and your own bed at the end of the day. You can even bring the dog. 

So if you too have got a mid-week house candy craving for a pop-up, music fuelled, alfresco chill out zone here’s your super stylish Camp Restival kit: 

1) Radio


A good looking portable radio is your summer BFF. My trusty Roberts follows me everywhere but what I’ve saved on festival tickets, I’d like to invest in a DAB mini version. Not only would this hot pink number look the business, but with £10 of its £129 price tag going to Breast Cancer Awareness, it’s both a fashionable and feel-good buy.


The good old BBC has Glasto all sewn up with the likes of lovely young things Clara Amfo and Greg James on Radio 1 and Lauren Laverne over on 6 music. Click here for the full line up: www.bbc.co.uk 

2) Birdcages


Well OK, not exactly essential, but seen everywhere from Matthew Williamson’s pop-up roof top garden at Kensington boutique hotel Blakes, to this week’s Grazia fashion shoot. Enough said. 

You may have seen my previous posts on the brilliant versatility of birdcages as home accessories. I have them lit up with twinkly fairy lights in the bedroom, smelling sweet with scented candles in the bathroom and looking super glamorous with vintage glass candlesticks in the dining room. But this vintage fabric one is my favourite. 

I’m going to let you into a secret now. And only because I really like you. THE BEST little oasis of vintage cool I have ever come across is hiding out in a little gem of a building, deep in the South Yorkshire mining town of Rotherham. The Button Tin is a gorgeous workshop, owned and managed by artist and (equally gorgeous) Queen of Vintage, Gemma Nemer. I took my mum for a mother’s day treat a couple of year’s ago and came home with these wonderfully unique souvenirs which always make an appearance at parties. 


Birdcage and “lampshade” Gemma Nemer commissions.

3) Fire pit



Sundown is just the beginning for true festival goers. Keep the theatre going well into the night with a great big crackling fire pit. 

Even good old, trusty Argos has got fire pits so there’s no excuse to retire indoors before the headline act. You will need to stump up £79.99 for the cast iron type pictured above, but a steel firebasket comes in at a far more festival friendly £19.98.


4. Pot plants 


Artificial Palm plant, £15 www.ikea.com

Surround yourself with flora and fauna for that full on living-in-a-field experience. No cacti, palms or bamboo plants growing in your corner of the world? Fake it man. Highly portable and re-useable, this is hippy-chic at it’s pop-up best. Ikea has a great range, all brilliantly priced for creating an instant no-maintenance garden oasis.

5. Wellies


This is strictly no-Crocs territory.  Slip on and waterproof yes, but short wellies is where it’s at for this year’s festival circuit. Even if you’re staying at home, a tan line round your calf area sends all the right messages. 

So that’s my Restival VIP area all sorted in time for the main event. If you want me, I’ll be round the back smelling of meat free sausages. Peace xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.