05/09/2015

New Season Trolley Dash


I came back from holiday with a poor excuse for a tan and a great excuse for a shopping spree. A new season has arrived and fresh interior collections are dropping faster than crisp autumn leaves. The only trouble with this (for weak willed fashion bunnies* such as me) is that it is entirely possible to pop to the supermarket for a loaf of bread and come back with a whole new room update. I know, because I did. Image Map

Asda is bang on the money with its ever improving George at Home range. Avoid this isle at all costs if you also have the willpower of a gnat when it comes to lovely home accessories.

Here’s the result of my super stylish supermarket sweep:



Cushions, cushions, cushions. They are my achilles heel and at the risk of sounding like my mum, nothing makes it easier to ring the changes than a new set of cushions for the sofa.
Trace Geormetric cushion £7 www.direct.asda.com

This geometric trend is coming at me from every angle and I don’t mind at all. At £7 a pop, these cushions provided me with my new season colour inspiration for less than the price of a takeaway pizza. nom nom.

I had to throw in this hello sunshine accent cushion for a smiley fiver. Rude not to, no?


Scatter cushion £5 www.direct.asda.com


The nights are drawing in and there’s no escaping it. There are two options here: 
1) Moan about it.
2) Embrace the darker evenings by lighting up your home with gorgeous mood enhancing candles.

I won't judge you, but if option two sounds like more fun don’t delay in getting these babies in your trolley because I predict a sell out.



The geometric design tea light holder in glamorous gold on a white ceramic base is ridiculously cool and totally worthy of a designer price tag. Except from Asda it comes in at a pocket slapping four quid. Take me to church.

Geometric ceramic tea light holder £4 www.direct.asda.com


And finally, here’s a tip from one of the coolest Interior Designers on the planet. Abigail Ahern believes in lamps, like, everywhere. At least eight per room she says. I haven’t got enough sockets to see if I agree with that theory (although it’s safe to assume it works) but I do agree with her bizarre suggestion to put a couple of lamps in the kitchen. Somehow the unexpectedness of them sat amongst the crockery makes them magical. 





But frankly I don’t care where you put this glass bell jar, with its clear bulb and antique brass finish. It looks amazing in the kitchen, but could just as easily work by the bed or in the sitting room. Just do me a favour and grab one now before I buy them all up and declare my Christmas shopping over in September.  

Bell Jar lamp £25 www.direct.asda.com

And that’s it. Oh except for the bread. 



Freshly baked, delicious warm Tiger Loaf. It cost a whopping £62.75 but came with three free cushions, a lamp, three tea light holders and a matching scented candle ;-)

Wax candle jar £6 www.direct.asda.com

That’s Asda Price. Slap Slap.

Acknowledgements:

I’d like to thank my family for this experiment in grocery shopping. They have learned that sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to live in a super stylish abode and also that beans on toast is a totally acceptable and nutritious family meal.

*The term Fashion Bunnies belongs to Victoria Beckham. I just borrowed it and as she’s an avid reader of My House Candy I am absolutely sure she won’t mind... Vicky, if you’re on your way to Asda, grab me another cushion will you?

Happy new season all xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.