28/08/2015

New Season Heroes and Villains

The Candy Files

What's hot, what's not and what's what at my place. This week

House Candy = Batgirl


Yvonne Craig, one of TV's original feisty females died recently leaving a little pointy eared hole in my heart. I rediscovered the 1960s TV Batman series a few years ago when my son's superhero fixation had me searching the archives for caped crusaders. Craig's Batgirl was funny and fierce, not to mention something of a red-headed stunner. In her honour I’m hoping this best selling print from Bodie and Fou will remind me to always give good Kerpow! 

----------

Fine and Candy = Cat Woman

Julie Newmar as Cat Woman

Gothic black is everywhere this season and I will be exploring all kinds of ways to indulge in this interiors trend right here on the blog. Meanwhile, we are apparently enjoying a new post recession love affair with opulence home wise - so who better to look to for a bit of goth-ulent inspiration than everyone’s favourite feline, Cat Woman. Luxe fabrics, shiny metals, deep hues … ME-OOWWW.
----------

Candy Pandy = Superman Schemes

Image 2 taken from: http://interiordesignideas-12.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/colorful-living-room-furniture-set.html
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s an 80s Memphis micro trend… And it could spell the end for colour popping as we know it. For me, what goes in Krypton stays in Krypton, right Clark?

Have a SUPER Bank Holiday all. Thinking of a kitchen update to keep you busy? Don’t miss my inclusion in Amara Living’s Dream Kitchen Inspiration roundup. It won’t save the world, but it might save your weekend ;-) Click here:  www.amara.com/luxpad/kitchen-design-ideas/ xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.